What is the Warranty on my product?
SPAL R.R.L. warrants this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the following periods of time from date of sale to the original purchaser. This warranty does not apply to any product damaged by improper installation, accident, misuse, abuse, improper line voltage, fire, flood, lightning or other acts of God, or if the product was altered or repaired by anyone other than SPAL. Any returned out of date product will be disposed of 30 days after receipt unless instructed otherwise.
The warranty dates are as follows:
3 years from date of manufacture
Accessories (power window kits, power door lock kits, security systems, etc.)
24 months from date of manufacture
Where do I find the date of manufacture on my product?
Fans & Blowers
Date of manufacture identification on fans & blowers varies. Please contact our technical support line for proper identification at 800-454-7725.
Power Lock Kits
Power Window Kits
How do I return a defective product?
If you are an end-user: You should return the defective product to the point of purchase for a replacement or refund.
How do I request a Return Authorization (RA#)?
If you are an authorized SPAL dealer, you may call our tech department at 800-454-7725 and request a Return Authorization number. No returns are accepted without prior authorization.
Return Authorization Request Form
Use this form if you want to fill out by hand and fax to SPAL USA.
Return Authorization Form (requires Adobe Reader)
Do you sell replacement parts for your fans?
No. Each fan is balanced three times during the production process. Once a component (blade, shroud or motor) is damaged, it cannot be replaced. A new, balanced fan must be purchased.
What fan do I need to cool my vehicle?
The efficiency of your cooling system depends on the following factors:
To view some mounting options/examples, please click here
- Radiator core size (the size of the radiator inside the tanks where the cooling tubes and fins are located.) This space determines the diameter of the fan.
- Space required for a cooling fan. Our High Performance cooling fans require 3.5-4.5-inches in depth (from the radiator core to the fan motor cap). This distance may be shorter if the cooling fan can be offset on the Radiator to clear the water pump.
- Radiator material and number of cores. An aluminum radiator is more efficient than a copper radiator.
- If a shroud is utilized: For the most efficient system a shroud should be utilized. The shroud forces the fan to pull air across the entire radiator core area, opposed to a fan without a shroud that pulls air only across the diameter of the fan.
Will your power window kits fit my vehicle?
Both our Standard and Deluxe window kits are designed to fit almost every production vehicle since 1930. ** Special Note-The 2005-on Dodge pickup trucks will use primary gear #13. **
Can I operate my SPAL door locks with a lock/unlock button or alarm system?
Yes, simply provide a ground pulse to the Purple wire of your central door locking system to lock the doors. Supply a ground pulse to the Brown wire to unlock the doors.
Where can I locate wiring diagrams/tech sheets?
Where can I locate fan or blower technical specification sheets?
To view all available fan tech sheets, please click here
To view all available blower tech sheets, please click here
I see two red wires; do I need to connect both of them to power? Why?
Yes. The small gauge wire supplies power to the processors and logic on the PCB (printed circuit board), while the large gauge supplies power directly to the solenoids through on-board relays.
How do I wire my shaved door handle kit to open the trunk?
Click image for a larger, printable version (238k)
How do I wire my shaved door handle kit to roll up or down my power windows?
Click image for a larger, printable version (248k)
I want to shave all 4 doors on a 4-door car. How do I wire it?
Click image for a larger, printable version (220k)
How do I wire my shaved door handle kit to operate a linear actuator?
Click image for a larger, printable version (184k)
My shaved door handle kit blows fuses. What is wrong?
Please follow the instructions below to resolve this issue:
- Make sure you are using a 30A fuse in the large gauge red wire, and a 5A fuse in the small gauge red wire.
- Make sure you have a good chassis ground.
- Check all wires for corrosion or cuts/scrapes/pinch spots that could cause shorts.
- Run the power wires directly to the battery (do not use the vehicles wiring harness.)
- Check the output of the main unit:
- remove the large gauge yellow and brown wires (be sure to leave the large gauge red wire connected.)
- test the spade terminals for 12VDC output with a voltmeter or test light.
if the voltmeter reads 12VDC or the test light lights without blowing the fuse:
- you know the problem is in one of the solenoids or the wires of the solenoids.
- Check wires and solenoids.
If the fuse still blows:
- the brain may be defective.
- If within warranty date, return to point of purchase for warranty.
How do I identify if my kit has solenoids or actuators
My vehicle needs the solenoids to push and not pull. What can I do?
In this situation you have two options:
- The SPAL 40-pound solenoids are large electromagnets and are designed only to pull. However, you can use a pulley system to convert the pulling action into a pushing action. Please see the illustration below:
- If you do not require 40-pounds of force, as with many BearClaw style latches, you may want to consider our SPAL lock actuators. These actuators will provide 8-pounds of force in both the pushing and pulling strokes.